Forums | Acellus Academy

Ask Our Official Support Team /
Public School option vs Private School Option

Karen Davis's profile picture

20 August 2021, 17:32

If we enroll our high school son in the public school option, will he need to take tests that public school students are required to take in our state, Florida, such as FSA and EOC?

22 August 2021, 10:54

Acellus Academy is considered a private school based in Missouri. Our students are not required to participate in state testing. To ensure students are mastering the material, exams are incorporated into each course of instruction.

To make sure you are satisfying all the local requirements in your state, we recommend checking with your school district to see if any reports would be required. They should be able to advise you on the home education requirements in your state.

Hye Kyung Lee's profile picture

24 August 2021, 13:52

I would contact your schools your child would be going to and make sure.  My daughter is trying out acellus academy for 8th grade and keeping the option open for returning to public HS.  I spoke to registrar at our HS about EOC (STAAR) test that she would normally need had she attended public MS.  She said it is not needed for her to take it in order for her to attend public HS and graduate.

3 results