Forums | Power Homeschool

Ask Our Official Support Team /
Repeating Material & Worksheets

Lisa Lafleur's profile picture

18 October 2021, 17:34

I want to be able to rewatch a video with my kid, and have him retake quizzes in addition to formal assessments. He's breezing through most of the material but there are a few places I need to go back with him and reinforce a concept and talk about it with him. I thought this was a feature of the Acellus system but now that we're a month in I can't figure out how to do this.

Secondly, when we do worksheet/offline work how do I put that score in? I'm glad he can do so much alone on the app, but as his parent/teacher I need to be involved and the app doesn't seem to make that easy.

19 October 2021, 15:28

Thank you for the questions Lisa.

There are a few different ways to go back over things in our program. While the student is doing the problems--after each video-- a 'Help' tab is available on the right-side of the screen. This tab gives the student access to re-watch the video just presented before answering the questions. Additionally, if available, there might be a secondary help video that goes into more detail on that concept. This is also available in the 'Help' tab.

Another way to review the lesson videos would be during the Review (before each Exam). During the Review, if the student comes to something they can't remember, the student can click on the same 'Help' tab and re-watch the lesson video that coincides with that question. This helps better prepare them for the Exam.

Finally, under the “Score” tab in the student interface, students can opt to “Retake for Credit” any of the previous steps they have already completed. When students click the ‘Retake’ button, Acellus immediately takes them to repeat that particular lesson.  As they are retaking that step, they will again be given the 'Help' tab with the option to re-watch the lesson video.  Once they have completed that step, they will return to their previous position in the course. 

From time to time parents temporarily switch their student out of "Teaching Mode" into "Tutor Mode" for additional practice. Changing to "Tutor Mode" will allow your student to view all of the steps within the course and may jump to any step.

If you put the course back in "Teaching Mode" after using "Tutoring Mode", the student will automatically resume from their last position in "Teaching Mode" so they will not miss any steps in the course. They may end up repeating future steps if they are done in "Tutor Mode".

The Special Lessons provide hands-on learning opportunities to enrich each student's learning experience. Parent resources are provided with these lessons, including: student handouts, lesson instructions, answer keys, and grading rubrics.

Notifications for the Special Lessons will appear in the student's 'Special Lessons' tab when a new one is available. Parents can preview the upcoming Special Lessons by clicking on their 'Syllabus' tab.

Once a student turns in a Special Lesson, it will be marked Green and will no longer be included in the Special Lessons notification count.  Some will be graded by the system.  These are "Writing Tutor" lessons. 

However, since the Special Lessons in Power Homeschool are optional, grades given by the Writing Tutor will not affect the class grade in any way.

2 results