Forums | Power Homeschool

Ask Our Official Support Team /
Student can't resume classes

Frank Olson's profile picture

21 January 2022, 16:00

Hi,

My child had an unsatisfactory score in his biology class (Unit 3 Exam Lesson 73). I wanted him to go back to the lessons he struggled on and redo those lessons. In order for him to do that, I had to change him from Teaching to Tutoring on the Account Management page. He reviewed those lessons and retook the exam, receiving a satisfactory score.

Now, I want him to resume his lessons beginning with Lesson 74, Carbon. However, when I changed him back to Teaching, the system takes him back to an earlier lesson (Lesson 54, I believe). If I change him back to Tutoring, the system will not let him go into any lesson.

How can I get him back on track with learning (resuming from Lesson 74)?

25 January 2022, 8:34

Sometimes parents will temporarily switch their student out of "Teaching Mode" into "Tutoring Mode" for additional practice or so they can re-watch some lessons.  When returning to "Teaching Mode", the student will start back where they left off before the switch.

If the student scored low on an Exam while in "Teaching Mode", the system most likely assigned some recovery steps to help the student study before retaking the Exam.  This means the student may still be in the recovery mode.

VIDEO: Learn about Vectored Instruction

For assistance with a specific situation, please feel free to reach out to our support team directly.

Power Homeschool - Contact Us

2 results