Forums | Power Homeschool

Ask Our Official Support Team /
Course Adjustments

10 January 2023, 12:21

Hi, 

Id like to fine tune my student's courses. How do we set them ahead in a particular course or eliminate portions they already know? 

Is there a way for the student to just skip to the test? 

Is there a way to assign the test only, without the student having to complete the entire course?

Thanks

JULIE LEWIS's profile picture

12 January 2023, 16:58

I have the same question. I would like to jump ahead to the end of year test, to move forward and make sure he is on track and not missing anything.My student is in 1st grade but can do the 2nd grade work easily would like a placement assessment. please help

16 January 2023, 15:07

Hello, Julie.  We do not offer placement exams through Power Homeschool, but most classes do begin with a "Pre-test." This diagnostic can help you gauge the student's understanding of the upcoming material covered within the course to help ensure you are placing them at the right level.  Again, you are welcome to adjust the grade level for the student at any time through the parent portal.

16 January 2023, 15:05

Thank you for the question!  All Power Homeschool classes start at the beginning. However, Acellus accelerates learning by quickly moving students through content they have already learned while giving them time to master new concepts. For more information, please visit our website: PowerHomeschool.org.

​You are always welcomed to adjust the courses for your student up to the next grade level, if desired. Students may even take courses in multiple grade levels if necessary.  Be sure to print reports for the current classes before replacing them with the new ones.

Parent Tutorial 
Changing Courses - Add/Drop Subject

4 results