Forums | Acellus Academy

Ask Our Official Support Team /
Temporary/Semester Only

19 April 2023, 11:34

My 9th grader left her prior school at the end of the first semester and I enrolled in PowerSchool without understanding the difference between that and the academy. I switched her over after a month and added the transcript from her prior school. She is only homeschooling for one semester and will enroll in a local public school in the fall. She doesn't need a full year credit in most courses but it started her at the beginning anyway. I just want to make sure she will have the credits to enroll in 10th grade this fall. What can we do? She is frustrated because she has already learned a lot of the material and is afraid she won't finish a whole year in time for her to attend public school. 

21 April 2023, 9:41

In Acellus Academy, students will start at the beginning of each course they are placed in after enrollment. We currently do not have a way to place students midway or partway through a course.

However, the program is completely self-paced. Students will move quickly through any material they understand or have learned previously, but the program will slow down and provide additional instruction if they are struggling.

For more information on transitioning mid-year, visit:  Mid-Year Transfer
2 results