Forums | Acellus Academy

Ask Our Official Support Team /
Calendar Year

Shonda G.'s profile picture

20 August 2021, 20:50

Hello, what is considered a full calendar school year for Acellus?  I would like to have my students take the usual holiday vacations like the two-week Christmas break and the one-week Thanksgiving or like the 2 month of Summer.  If we take advantage of the year as the schools here in Texas do will I have to pause their accounts until we are ready to come back or in the case of Christmas and Thanksgiving break just have them work ahead to cover them for the days they are off?

22 August 2021, 10:58

The program is available 24/7. This allows students the ability to sign in and complete classwork any day of the year.

Because Acellus is self-paced, parents are able to plan their own schedule - including holidays and breaks. This is not something that needs to be logged or entered into the program as the system will automatically keep track of the student's attendance.

If you decide to give your student a break, all of their progress will be saved. When the student returns, they will be able to pick up exactly where they left off. None of their work or grades will be lost.

26 August 2021, 10:05

If the Weekly work automatically resets at the beginning of the week and we take a holiday break, will the student miss work?

26 August 2021, 16:17

Parents can monitor their student's progress through the interface to ensure they are progressing at the desired speed. The weekly goal will reset each week regardless of how much coursework the student completes. 

If students do not meet their weekly goals, they will not be penalized. All of their progress will be saved within the system, and when the student returns, they can continue from where they left off. None of their work or grades will be lost.

4 results