Forums | Power Homeschool

Constructive Feedback /
Schedule/Daily Work Load

02 September 2021, 9:07

It would be very helpful to have a feature that allows parents to input their child's academic schedule and then adjusts the number of daily steps required to ensure the child completes the subject in the allotted time frame.    

02 September 2021, 16:15

We appreciate your feedback and are glad that you are enrolled with Power Homeschool. The courseware team is always looking for ways to help improve the program.

Michelle Byte's profile picture

07 September 2021, 10:45

Also, if the program would tell you where to stop each day without having to keep checking.

Diane Mendoza's profile picture

13 September 2021, 14:19

I agree with both of these!

Zac Hoskins's profile picture

28 September 2021, 8:46

I'd like to third those suggestions!

28 September 2021, 11:50

Yesss please. The weekly goals is helpful but parents should be able to set up a daily goal or schedule so they can move on to the next subject. I have 3 children , 2 ADHD and 1 Autistic and ADHD, , I' m already running around to help all 3. Also trying to keep my 1.5 year old away from all their school stuff. It would be helpful to not have to worry about this too. All the little things really do help us out as homeschooling parents. 

Lisa Beck's profile picture

17 February 2022, 15:15

I would definitely like to 4th that!! Great idea and would be so helpful!

Page McGraw's profile picture

12 September 2023, 12:38

I totally agree with this! It would be nice to know when the daily goal has been reached without having to go into the progress tab. Also, this needs to be seen from the parent interface as well. There is nothing on it to show what the daily steps are for the day for each student or where they left off.

Kristen Fenton's profile picture

16 February 2024, 11:07

Yes.  I really like the actual lessons on here, but I've used other systems where I can actually assign lessons for a particular day so my child knows what/how much to do.  I don't really like that this system will just let them keep going without knowing when to stop.  

Carrie Venable's profile picture

08 September 2022, 12:17

100% agree with this statement! Homeschoolers (and schools) do coursework on different schedules. Some will do courses daily; while others will do block schedules and do longer hours every other day. Some will go for six weeks on and 3 weeks off for vacations.

I find Power Homeschool to be entirely lacking of how homeschool works. Parents need to be able to reset a calendar for days they work and days they do not and alter hours p/day. I want to be able to enter in "excused" (if my student misses an assigned day). I do not like seeing and my student does not like seeing red for missed days or blank stars. He's a very "checklist" kind of kid and it looks like he's missing things when he isn't.

11 results