Forums | Acellus Academy

Ask Our Official Support Team /
Absences

Jessie Sarnik's profile picture

09 September 2021, 15:46

How do I mark my child as an excused absensce or tardie?

10 September 2021, 10:57

The program is available 24/7. This allows students the ability to sign in and complete classwork any day of the year.

Because Acellus is self-paced, parents are able to plan their own schedule - including holidays and breaks. This is not something that needs to be logged or entered into the program as the system will automatically keep track of the student's attendance.

If you decide to give your student a break, all of their progress will be saved. When the student returns, they will be able to pick up exactly where they left off. None of their work or grades will be lost.

Jessie Sarnik's profile picture

10 September 2021, 19:02

Can you explain how to use the present/absent/tardy/excused absence/no school icons available under attendance. I'd like to be able to fill it out and print as is offered.

13 September 2021, 13:41

Those options are used by schools or programs that count students as absent, excused, etc. Because our school is self-paced and you as the parent are over the schedule, we do not count a student as absent if they do not log in. 

Attendance will be logged when a student logs in, and will be left blank if they do not. This way, parents can easily monitor if the student is logging in when directed. 

Through Acellus Academy, attendance does not impact a student's class grade.

Carrie Eastman's profile picture

28 December 2022, 7:27

When my child misses a day it will give him double the work the next day.  How can I stop this from happening.  Can I set him to be out of school.  I notice this happens when I allow him to be off a day for a holiday or if he is sick. 

28 December 2022, 9:53

The weekly goal is a scheduling tool used in Acellus Academy to help students finish up in a regular school year. It will assign students with a recommended amount of lessons to do each week. However, the goals are only a recommendation and will reset each week regardless of how much coursework the student completes. Parents are welcome to adjust this if needed. Here are the instructions: 

Here is also a link on how to monitor your student's course progress: 

6 results