Forums | Acellus Academy

Ask Our Official Support Team /
Honors Biology for Graduation

Tina Ro's profile picture

01 December 2021, 14:10

Hello!

My daughter completed the Full-Honors Biology class last year (1 credit), and when I went to double check our education plan for her, Honors Biology is no longer listed as an option to select for a science credit; and it is no longer listed on the courses offered page.  Am I missing something? Is it not a valid credit? Was the course removed? Hoping we're still on track for graduation. Thanks!

01 December 2021, 15:58

Acellus Academy has released a new Biology course, which is why the course title is different. Our program will honor the credit(s) that students receive for the courses listed on their transcript. 

Jeff Harpe's profile picture

02 December 2021, 2:45

This is unrelated, but I want to take the opportunity to say that in the absense of AP Biology, my student took Biology instead. The Biology teacher, Levi Goes, is phenominal, one of the very best, if not the best teacher in the entire school. Cell biology among other things are not inherently easy concepts, but he breaks things down well, the visual graphic effects are well done, and his lesson plans are top of the line as well. Acellus really hit a home run tapping him for that class.

I have younger students and certainly hope that if/when AP Biology returns, he is the one teaching it.

02 December 2021, 8:54

Thank you for your feedback regarding our Biology course. Acellus Academy is constantly working to provide our students with the best curriculum to succeed in their learning, and your opinion truly helps us exceed. 

Acellus Academy currently offers an AP Biology course at the High School Level. See the following link for course detail: AP Biology.

Thank you again for your message. Your ideas and feedbacks are greatly appreciated!

4 results