Forums | Acellus Academy

Ask Our Official Support Team /
Time to complete a grade

Cara Barde's profile picture

12 January 2022, 13:32

Hi, My daughter finished half of 8th grade but I see that Acellus doesn't offer half years. We need to know if its even possible  (without working 7 days a week) to finish a full year in 6 months? We would like her to attend High school in August. I know it varies but is there a way to give an approximate time to complete a full year of 8th grade? Or at least the approximate time it takes to complete a core course like math, science, history, english? Thanks for your help. 

12 January 2022, 15:50

Acellus Academy is a completely self-paced program. Because of this, we would not be able to provide a date as to when your student would complete courses. 

Parents can view their student’s grades and progress through the parent portal. They also have the option to adjust the weekly goal.

The Syllabus will show the amount of steps within each course. You are welcome to take the amount of steps within each course and divide it by the amount of weeks you would like for your student to be in school. This will give you a general idea of how many steps your student should be completing each week to meet your deadline. 

Here is more information in reference to adjusting the students weekly goals through the parent interface: https://www.acellusacademy.com/tutorials/setting-goals/ 

2 results