Forums | Acellus Academy

Ask Our Official Support Team /
Pre-Calculus Issues (Solved)

18 November 2023, 7:47

Hello. I'm a student taking pre-calculus, and I asked my mom about this issue but she told me that she wasn't sure what to do and we'd have to contact support. In my pre-calculus course I am currently on one of the final units, currently on the "completing the square" class. However, the assignment always tells me I'm wrong. Both me and my mom tried this and it was wrong, I went over the help videos and repeated their steps word for word and it was still wrong, eventually I was so frustrated I even googled it and other people's answers (even ones from verified tutors) were wrong. I'm unsure what to do, I haven't had to consult google or forums about any issues in this course yet but this is a majorly glaring one. All of my sources say that the vertex is (2, -1), but when I enter that answer it says it's incorrect. It does that for all of these, and instead of the usual two spaces for a point it usually has, this time it just shows the question at hand and the answer bar (although I'm unsure if that's relevant as I can never get any of the questions right).

Please help! I've been stuck on this lesson for numerous days! I would've reported the issue directly, but there's no "submit fix" button on this course.

image_2023-11-18_094444100.png

SOLVED: Apparently during this section they entirely changed the answer format for entering a vertex and rather than entering the x then the y like before, they have you enter (x,y) in that format in a single answer. Wish something would've clarified that.

21 November 2023, 9:41

Thank you Lilyth for this information.

If you believe there is a discrepancy, we recommend parents "Submit a Feedback" report through the parent portal. This option can be located by doing the following:
  1. Sign in to the Parent Interface
  2. Select Student Name
  3. Select Course
  4. Select Assignment
  5. Select the Problem by clicking on the "Box with Arrow" icon
  6. Select Submit Feedback by clicking on the "Message" icon in the top right corner of the screen
Your suggestion will be sent and reviewed by the Courseware Development Team. If your suggestion is accepted, any incorrect answers due to the issue will be counted as correct, and your student will receive a bonus score for finding and submitting the report.

In the meantime, the student is welcome to skip the problem and move on to the next assignment or lesson.
2 results